If your device is having difficulty syncing, we have found that jumpstarting the Bluetooth often helps! To do this, you can try the following steps:
1. Exit the app
2. Turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
3. Turn Bluetooth and Wi-Fi back on (if you see a network called "KW", forget that network)
4. Re-open the app, follow pairing instructions
5. Take a test temperature
Typically, we see that the syncing drastically improves after doing this, but you can also try shutting down your device completely and restarting it.
Other issues that might help with syncing your Wink are:
- Make sure you're on the most current version of the Kindara app - you can check for updates in the App Store or Google Play store
- Make sure your device is compatible: Wink is compatible with all iOS devices that are Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy enabled. This includes iPhone 4s and up, iPad 3rd generation and up (including iPad mini and iPad Air) as long as they are running iOS 8 or higher. Wink supports Android devices running Android 4.4. Your device must be Bluetooth Low Energy-ready in order to sync with Wink, otherwise you can still use Wink without syncing
Have additional questions? Check out our Wink FAQs!